Social Media Manager
We rely on social media channels to reach our adopters and supporters. Presenting all of our activities through social media is the only way to secure the support we need to keep running!
We are looking for a Volunteer Social Media Manager to join the team, helping us better engage and grow our audience by creating a strong social media presence and producing high-quality content.
Working as part of a team of two Social Media Manager and several channel volunteers working on a rota basis, our Marketing and Social Media team represent the organisation online, supporting our mission and driving Beloved Rabbits to meet our objectives.
- We are looking for someone who has experience in the following areas to carry out responsibilities of the role
- Writing and editing marketing content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and TikTok.
- Building strategies to increase social media following, fundraising and awareness campaigns.
- Developing a consistent and coherent brand voice for social media, from content creation to community interactions.
- Creating content calendars to help plan social media activity.
- Using initiative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- Understands the resource constraints of a small organisation and work within these limits.
- Continuing current styles.
- Team and independent working.
- Help to plan, create, and organise social media posts for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and TikTok.
- Using platform promotion methods to expand our reach within budgets.
Ready to find out more?
Want to chat about what's involved in volunteering with Beloved Rabbits? Book a call for an informal and no-obligation chat.
Due to the nature of the role:
- An interview process will be followed to select the right person.
- Details of the interview requirements will be shared upon application.
- Whilst the role is voluntary in nature, there is still an expectation of regular commitment to the charity’s activities.
- Applicants should ensure they have suitable availability to commit to the role.
- An initial probationary period may apply, at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
This role reports directly to the charity’s Board of Trustees.
As with all roles at Beloved Rabbits this is an unpaid voluntary role.
Working from your own home, and events throughout Central Scotland.
Flexible, but as required. Most volunteers offer their time during evenings and weekends alongside other work and family commitments.
Part-time equivalent, estimated to be a 5-15 hours per month. Minimum commitment of 12 months due to charity investment in the role.
The role holder will also have the optional opportunity to act as a shift manager for one of our weekly Care Team shifts at our local centre.
Ready to apply?
If you want to apply for this role, please click here. We will request some additional details and a copy of a relevant CV.