Beloved Rabbits are entering a new phase of ambitious development, that seeks to improve the charity’s financial strength as we work towards a three-stage plan that will culminate in the opening of a new purpose designed rabbit welfare services centre.
We are looking for new members of our management team to take on voluntary roles to help us with this.
The Financial Manager is a critical role as part of these plans.
The role forms part of the charity’s two-tier management structure encompassing four charity trustees and 12 Management Team members. There is also a wider team of dedicated volunteers in excess of 100 individuals, which we anticipate growing in number as we expand our activities further.
As our Financial Manager you will:
- record all our income and expenditure correctly via recognised Bookkeeping methodologies using online accountancy software (currently Xero)
- assist the Board of Trustees with some simple monthly finance reports.
- assist with the collation of OSCR Annual Returns
- develop financial forecasting and budget plans
- assist our Fundraising Managers with the provision of financial details for grant applications.
Ready to find out more?
Want to chat about what's involved in volunteering with Beloved Rabbits? Book a call for an informal and no-obligation chat.
The Skills You Need:
- Interest in animal welfare
- Experience of bookkeeping and budget planning, ideally from a Financial Management or Accountancy background or qualification.
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Work as part of a small team
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent Communication & Customer Service
- Dedication & commitment to work
- Comfortable user of internet social media, software and Office software
What's In It For You?
- Be part of making a positive change to animal welfare in your area.
- Enjoy being part of a team of active and enthusiastic volunteers.
- Pivotal to the growth and development of a young Scottish charity.
- An invaluable way to turn a hobby into community benefit.
Due to the nature of the role:
- An interview process will be followed to select the right person.
- Details of the interview requirements will be shared upon application.
- Whilst the role is voluntary in nature, there is still an expectation of regular commitment to the charity’s activities.
- Applicants should ensure they have suitable availability to commit to the role.
- An initial probationary period may apply, at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
This role reports directly to the charity’s Board of Trustees.
As with all roles at Beloved Rabbits this is an unpaid voluntary role.
Working from your own home, the role can be conducted using online software and collaboration tools. The charity use Microsoft Teams for internal communications and collaboration.
Flexible, but as required, with a realistic expectation of a few dedicated hours each month. Most volunteers offer their time during evenings and weekends alongside other work and family commitments.
The role requires regular commitment, expected to be equivalent to a few hours per month.
Minimum commitment of 12 months due to charity investment in the role.
The role holder may also have the optional opportunity to act as a shift manager for one of our weekly Care Team shifts at our local centre.
Ready to apply?
If you want to apply for this role, please click here. We will request some additional details and a copy of a relevant CV.