Bailey entered our network after his owner made the very difficult decision to rehome him. Her son was highly allergic, to the extent he was on steroids and couldnâ€™t be in the same room as Bailey. His owner tried various things to try to make a home where Bailey and her son could both live, but it just wasnâ€™t meant to be. She was absolutely distraught the day we collected him.
So strong was her love for her pet, she wrote a wee story all about him so that we could pass this on to his foster carer & new home. Today we thought weâ€™d share some of the story.
Dear Foster Carer,
I have written all this stuff down just in case I forget to tell you and hopefully it might help you to get to know Bailey a bit better.
I am sure you will grow to love him and care for him as much as we do. This was not an easy decision for me to make, but I promise Iâ€™ll always be on hand with any advice you may need, anytime.
Thank you ever so much for giving him a chance and hopefully a forever home, I hope you will make each other really happy and have lots of joy, thatâ€™s all I can wish and find him a forever home and maybe a companion as I think heâ€™d love that.
Bailey is a male mini-rex rabbit, born in the 1st week of June 2011. He loved lots of attention and exercise, playing with his blanket and toys. He likes a clean bed and tray, fresh food (Rabbit Royale), fresh veg, water and hay needs to be filled every day.
- He has had his jags for this year and also been neutered (last week of June 2012).
- Best to lift him in his blanket â€“ always support his bottom.
- Let him come to you, he will take time to adjust and trust you.
- He loves being petted, and having his ears played with, nose scratched & rubbed from tip to ears. He also loves his cheeks and feet scratches when heâ€™s lying down, just be careful of his eyes.
- He likes to run up and down stairs.
- He will chase you if you run to the other side of the room. When he is happy he does jumps (called Binkys). When he circles you, heâ€™s doing the Love Dance.
- He loves lying on carpet, spread out and relaxing. Loves grape, apple & banana (not too much).
- Likes baby talk & treatmnent.
- He needs at least 4 hours exercise out and about, and has been used to being a house rabbit, so more if possible.
- He loves his old bitten blanket and will follow it anywhere, especially good if he is hiding.
- Heâ€™s a cheeky, funny wee rabbit with his own personality which you will get to know.
- He is almost litter trained â€“ he will leave little poos when running around, but always pees in the litter tray.
- If taking him out on a lead, Iâ€™d put it on while heâ€™s in the cage/run, then lift him out to the garden.
- Be careful of dogs nearby, and he can be frightened of noise from planes overhead.
- Please love him as much as you can, as he is a very special bunny and I will miss him soooo much.
- Have fun and take care!!!